Are you looking to get started with WordPress or perhaps you already have a website but need some additional help to understand how things work?
In this class you will learn how to create attractive, sophisticated blogs and websites—without any prior coding knowledge needed. As a matter of fact, you won't use any code whatsoever, unless you want to!
In case you didn't know, WordPress is the world's most popular website publisher, powering 30% of all sites on the Internet.
- WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com differences
- Finding a Web Host for your site
- Local Development vs Staging vs Live
- How to Install WordPress
- Getting to Know the WordPress Dashboard
- Posts vs. Pages: When To Use Each
- Manage & Edit WordPress Pages
- Categories vs. Tags
- All About Themes - Finding, Installing & Modifying
- All about Plugins - Finding & Installing
- How To Create Custom Menus In WordPress
- How to Use the WordPress Media Library
- How to Add Images to a Post
- How to Create a Photo Gallery
- Best practices on working with audio & video
- Adding a PDF Download
- Commenting management & options
- Backup & Security Solutions
*Note: This course is taught via live webinar over 3 consecutive weeks.
I took WordPress 101 from Adam Silver, which not only gave me the tools and understanding of how WordPress works, but the confidence to go out and build a website for my high school class to follow our upcoming 55th reunion. I would recommend this class to anyone who is either a novice or an expert, because the information Adam shares is invaluable.
Adam's WordPress class was highly informative and tons of fun. He is a fantastic teacher & very passionate about the subject. After taking his class I felt fully confident in my capability to create a WordPress website. Highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to have full control & start their own website.
Adam Silver works as a WordPress developer, providing WordPress development and support services through ConciergeWP.com, produces a weekly podcast at KitchenSinkWP.com. Additionally, he was the lead organizer for WordCamp Los Angeles 2016 & 2017 as is a co-organizer for WordCamp Raleigh 2018. In his free time, he speaks at industry events sharing his insights & expertise into all things digital.